Thank you all for a solid 2nd game performance. Things continue to go well for our program. Please see the info below for this week and next week:
· Thursday, Oct. 29th Marching Band Rehearsal 2:45pm-4:15pm: same as before, however, we will do a significant amount of marching practice in the parking lot this week. Always closed-toe shoes and bring your filled red water bottle and be prehydrated. You must have a LYRE for your music flip folder. *There is now a late bus available at 4:30pm, you will need a pass from Mr. Hernandez to be allowed to ride.
Next week November 2-6:
· Monday, November 2nd Homecoming Parade 5:30pm report time, step off at 6:00pm. Come PREHYDRATED, water will also be provided. We will need several parent volunteers to walk with us, please wear your red band related shirt/booster shirt. *Only approved volunteers will be given the link to sign up, see info below. We will need our truck driven to the stadium to pick up instruments as well, approved driver needed. Students/Parents, if possible, please leave your instrument case in your parent’s vehicle when you get dropped off at KWHS. Students will need to be picked up by their parents following the pep rally at the Stadium on Kennedy Drive around 7:15pm. Everyone, please complete this survey for transportation needed or not needed back to KWHS after the event at the stadium, there will be limited room on the Conch trains taking us back to KWHS: https://forms.gle/7EwuKo9EsX2gwWLbA
· Regular Tuesday Percussion and Thursday Marching Band after school rehearsals. *Late bus available with pass.
· Football game November 6: we will continue with everything that was done last week including the pizza meal with the following changes:
o Arrive between 5:45-6:00pm, we will practice lining up on the filed for the homecoming halftime-if possible. Come well hydrated and bring your red water bottle, always closed-toe shoes.
o Volunteers: only those who are approved volunteers will receive an email/Remind text message for sign up to help with food.
o Review the first game’s email for further details: https://kwhsband.wordpress.com/2020/10/14/band-info-for-this-week/
· Future events:
o As of right now, the Veteran’s day parade is canceled.
o Fall Band Concert is Canceled.
o As of right now, but likely to change, the City Holiday Parade is still canceled. We should know by Nov. 4th City Commission meeting if it should be reinstated.
o Holiday Concert: we are planning an outdoor concert in the courtyard at school. We will need much help to make this a special event.
· Several Band forms will be sent home over the next week. Please sign and return these to the forms basket.
· Volunteers: I cannot stress the importance of having a large volunteer pool, please do the required steps ASAP. If you want to see the students in their formal band uniforms this year, we need the help along with many other tasks. We will have a Zoom meeting next week to plan the process which will be by student appointment outside of school hours, much needs to be setup in advance for this to be successful. Shoe orders require a minimum of two weeks to complete and fitting will take about the same amount of time given the constraints. Here is the link to the process that also has a list of currently approved volunteers, only select areas for Level I clearance: https://fl02202360.schoolwires.net/Page/2540